Sweet Memories – Songs from One Tree Hill
Written by our friend in France, Sasha Antanakova (@SashaAntanakova)!
In a film or in a series, music is really important. It create all the atmosphere of the scenes and make us feel all kind of emotions. In our favorite TV serie, there was a lot of artists who came in. Many of you certainly remembered most of them. All along the show we discovered or rediscovered many songs and artists. Little jump in the past.
Here’s a little “album” I made with my favorite songs.
- “I Don’t Wanna Be” – Gavin De Graw.
- “Say Yes” – Bryan Greenberg.
- “Dare You to Move” – Switchfoot *Naley first kiss*.
- “Fallen” – Sarah McLachlan.
- “More than Anyone” – Gavin de Graw.
- “Halo” – Bethany Joy Galeotti.
- “We are Man and Wife” – Michelle Featherstone.
- “Missing You” – Tyler Hilton.
- “Shall I Believe” – Sheryl Crow.
- “Dance Dance” – Fall Out Boy.
- “When the Stars Go Blue” – Tyler Hilton & Bethany Joy Galeotti.
One Tree Hill is one of the biggest series who welcomed many internationally known artists. Sheryl Crowe, Fall Out Boy, Gavin de Graw, Nada Surf, Lupe Fiasco… and several of the series actors are professional singers too: Bethany Joy Galeotti (Haley), Tyler Hilton (Chris Keller), Jana Kramer, Bryan Greenberg and Kate Voegele.
In the show, Peyton Sawyer (Hilarie) released an album called “Friends with Benefits” and in the real life… in fact, three albums were released on the series.
- One Tree Hill (2005)
- Friends with Benefits (2006)
- The Road Mix (2007)
I’m sure that we all cry, laugh, dance in front of our screen, when we hear all the songs. Who didn’t have the disco fever seeing Peyton and Mouth dancing and singing “Disco Inferno” from The Tramps? Or want to become a cheerleader after seeing the Raven ladies dancing to “Huddle Formation” by The Go! Team! Who didn’t appreciate karaoke with Nathan, Chase and Jamie singing and dancing along to “Bust a move” from Young MC ? Ha ! *Lovely memories*
During these 8 seasons and soon all 9, we’ve experienced a lot of pleasure watching this series. Mainly because the cast is brilliant, the story is incredibly touching and MUSIC is totally AWESOME !!
And to end, here’s a little quote: “Music is the language of emotions” Emmanuel Kant.